This is the fourth of my occasional messages to members and affiliates of the Canadian Theological Society.
1. REMINDER: Proposals for CTS annual meetings are due January 29. See full CFP here.
2. Joint CTS or renew membership. All those who present papers at the CTS annual meetings must be current members.
3. Registration for Congress is now open.
4. 2017 AAR regional events in Canada:
- Eastern International Region, April 28-29, Waterloo. CFP deadline February 15.
- Pacific Northwest Region, May 5-7, Calgary. CFP deadline has passed.
5. Call for Papers: Living Tradition: 500 Years of Re-Forming Christianity, a symposium at the Atlantic School of Theology, October 13-15, 2017. CFP deadline March 1.
6. CTS is a member of the Canadian Corporation for Studies in Religion, and a partner in the publication of the journal Studies in Religion/Sciences Religieuses (SR). SR welcomes submissions in any area of theology. A new editorial team took over in June 2016. Enquiries regarding book reviews should be directed to W. Rory Dickson (English language Book Review Editor). Article submissions are done electronically (see “Submit Paper” tab on SR’s new SAGE webpage) but suggestions for Special Issues can be sent the co-editors, Géraldine Mossière (French articles) and Roxanne Marcotte (English articles).
7. Canadian Theological Review (CTR) has recently become Canadian-American Theological Review (CATR). It is a refereed biannual journal that publishes scholarly articles and book reviews from across the spectrum of theological disciplines, including biblical studies, and historical, systematic, moral, and pastoral theology. Although grounded in the evangelical tradition, CATR does not represent any one particular theological stream, but seeks to engage in fruitful dialogue with a wide range of theological viewpoints. CATR is full text licensed on the ATLA database. The editors would like to extend an invitation to members of the Canadian Theological Society to submit an article or book review for potential publication. More information, including submission guidelines, can be found here.
President, Canadian Theological Society