The Doctor of Ministry (DMin) Director is jointly appointed by St Andrew’s College (SAC) and Lutheran Theological Seminary, Saskatoon (LTS) . The colleges are open to applicants who will work either on-site or remotely. The Director leads the implementation of their cooperative Doctor of Ministry program in collaboration with the DMin Committee of the Graduate Studies Council (GSC) of the Saskatoon Theological Union (STU).
The DMin Director
1) Maintains, with the LTS and SAC registrars, an accurate database tracking potential DMin students (inquiries and applications) and important data related to active DMin students.
2) Chairs and convenes the DMin committee of the GSC.
3) Ensures that faculty are oriented to their responsibilities as program and project advisors.
4) Coordinates the recruitment of students to the DMin program from a variety of faith communities (without directing students in regard to which school they might register in).
5) Gathers information regarding potential DMin courses, course instructors, and project advisors for consideration by the DMin Committee.
6) Helps to troubleshoot student issues which are not resolvable by students’ program and project advisors
7) Participate in conversations about the future of the DMin program
The DMin Director is responsible, with the DMin Committee, to the Graduate Studies Council of the STU as regards the DMin program and to the heads of St Andrew’s College and Lutheran Theological Seminary, Saskatoon regarding compensation and time allocation.
- Doctoral Level Qualification.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in educational processes and adult learning.
- An awareness and sensitivity to reconciliation, diversity, and intercultural realities.
- Commitment to working in a collegial and collaborative work environment.
The DMin Director will be jointly compensated by St Andrew’s College and Lutheran Theological Seminary, Saskatoon according to a formula determined annually by the heads of the seminaries. The DMin Director will receive a stipend of six thousand, three hundred and fifty eight dollars ($6,358), payable in a lump sum of $3,179 in the fall semester, and $3,179 in the winter/spring semester for the length of the agreement. The stipend is indexed to cost of living.
Term of Appointment
The DMin Director is appointed for a two-year term.